Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 9.


I pushed the door open into the kitchen hoping table 12s loaded nachos were done. There they were under the heat with the slip sticking out. The slip said no sour cream and what do I see on top…sour cream. The cooks have to learn to read and make me a new loaded nacho with no sour cream.
***
My party of 12 at table 2 stopped eating about an hour ago and I’ve been back and forth from their table to the bar with 22oz Bud Lights. The saying on the night at that table was “Shit Yes!” They wanted me to say that whenever they needed another drink. I felt awkward saying it considering they were older men that looked like they were science professors or something.
***
I can’t wait until my tables leave because then I can go home. I have worked 40 hours in 3 days and my feet are killing me. Tomorrow I have the whole day off so I plan on laying on the couch all day and soaking my feet.
***
There was only 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter of the Patriots game so I was hoping my tables were going to leave soon. But of course as soon as I check on them, they wanted more beer. “Shit Yes! Shit Yes!” 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, very nice work. In fact, I have to say: Shit yes!

    You give us a scene, a table, a server, a 'problem', and a tag line that tells us all we need to know about science teachers on the loose.

    I hope that at least all those SY's got you a decent tip and that you weren't reduced to muttering FY as they left....

    ReplyDelete