Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"I said i think i'll go to Boston"- Augustana (Theme 3)


Road trip to Boston

Tiffany: “Hit the road Jack and don’t cha come back”
Me: “no more, no more, no more, no more.”

Starting out our trip to Boston, we sang. We left my parents house moving my sister, Tiffany, down to Boston. I knew before we even left that this trip was going to be one to remember. We didn’t leave till 5 o’clock so we weren’t going to get to Boston till late.

Me: “We need to get gas ASAP!”
Tiffany: “Yup, we can pick up some snacks for the ride also.”
Me: “Arnold Palmers and Charlton Chews are calling my name.”
Tiffany: “ohhhh yaaaa”

Our first stop was On The Run. We definitely stocked up on our junk food. Then we hopped on I-95 south, headed to Boston.

Tiffany: “You can have my heart or we can share it like the last slice”
I love how my sister is completely in love with Drake and knows all his songs. It made for an amusing ride.
Tiffany: “
'Cause baby, you my everything, you all I ever wanted. We can do it real big, bigger than you ever done it.”

Halfway there, we decided to stop for dinner. We thought that since we weren’t going to be seeing each other for a couple of weeks, so we would splurge and go to Olive Garden. The food was so delicious.
Then we had to hit the road. Only a couple more hours till we get there, or so we thought.

Usually it only takes 30 minutes to get thru New Hampshire, but not this trip. We hit the biggest traffic jam ever. We were backed up for over an hour. Although we were at a complete stop on I-95, we made the best of it. We jammed out with the windows down.

Me: “One, two, three, Not only you and me. Got 180 degrees and I'm caught in between.”
Tiffany: “Oh my god!!! I loveee this song!!!” she screamed with excitement.

As we started picking up speed, we noticed in the right lane next to us, a girl rockin’ out to I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry. She was getting right into it…or until she noticed us watching her.

We literally laughed about it the rest of the ride.

Finally we made it into the city.

Tiffany: “No, no, you were supposed to turn left there!”
Me: “SHIT! Now what do I do?!?”
Tiffany: “Take the next left, then turn around, and come back and take it.”
Me: “uhh..okayyyy?”

This was my first time driving in Boston so I was a little nervous. I made a couple wrong turns and cut a couple people off but eventually made it to the new apartment.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way the scene moves from ME to MA and how much of the dialogue is lyrics. I like the snapshot of your relationship with your sister, and I can certainly picture that traffic jam in NH--the only part I have a problem with is being nervous driving in Boston. I learned to drive in Boston, right in the city! It's easy, just take the next left, then turn around, and come back, just like your sister says!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya i drove around the majority of the weekend i was there and by monday i was a pro. All i had to watch out for was people walking out in front of me :)

    ReplyDelete